Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sweet Potato Fries - from "The Chew"

I was very excited to see this as an option on the show.  I simply adore sweet potatoes.  I have been looking and trying different recipes for baked fries... unsuccessfully.  It just seems like something easy, but my past attempts have not been great.  mushy and no snap.

I had the heat set too low.

It's not difficult, cut, coat (in extra virgin olive oil) and bake (425 for 18 minutes, flipping half way).  I did bake them on a pre-heated pizza stone.

And the verdict.... Almost perfect.  I think I committed the Cardinal Sin of baking and opened the door a bit too often.  I was worried that the EVOO would burn at that temp.

It didn't, it just lightly charred.  The skin indeed come out crisp, I just think a couple more minutes (or me not opening the door) would have made them just a tad more crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment